Well, he’s no Steven Nelson, but the Eagles did sign a cornerback on Friday to add some competition to their defensive backfield.
Nate Meadors was an undrafted free agent signing of the Minnesota Vikings in 2019. He recorded just two tackles in two games that season. At just 24 years old with two years of NFL experience under his belt, Meadors has played a total of 11 defensive snaps in his career. In those 11 snaps, he was targeted twice, gave up completions on both, with one of them going for a touchdown.
Meadors was then added to the Vikings practice squad last season, before being subsequently removed from it just a week later. He finished his season out with the Jaguars. On May 5, Jacksonville decided to part ways with Meadors.
We don’t have the contract details for Meadors just yet, but it’s likely a league minimum deal. He’s not a guarantee to even make it out of training camp. But, as we know, the Eagles desperately need help at the cornerback position.
This signing shouldn’t signify that Howie Roseman is done adding pieces to this secondary. Meadors certainly isn’t the veteran signing that fans have been clamoring for.
At the very least, he adds some competition to the cornerback group. If he does make the team, I’d imagine the majority of his snaps will be on special teams, where he spent most of his playing time over the past two years in Minnesota.
Eagles-Cowboys preview, Key matchups, Predictions, POTC Parlay – The Pulse of the City Pod
- Eagles-Cowboys preview, Key matchups, Predictions, POTC Parlay
- Eagles-49ers recap, Sirianni’s poor play-calling, Hurts missed throws, Other takeaways, Phillies update
- Eagles-49ers preview, Key matchups, Predictions, “POTC” parlay
- Eagles blow out Falcons 32-6, Hurts shines, Sirianni’s debut, Main takeaways
- Eagles-Falcons preview, Key matchups, “POTC” Parlay debut, Phillies update