The Bucaneers have been dealing with some major losses over the past month, most notably Chris Godwin and Antonio Brown, and they could be without two more key starters on Sunday when they face the Eagles.
Both players were designated to return from IR this week after missing several weeks due to injury, but it doesn’t appear Tampa is convinced either will be a full-go by game time.
On Fournette in particular, Arians said he doesn’t know if he’ll play, but if he does, “he’ll play a lot.”
Not having either of these guys suit up would be huge for the Eagles.
Playoff Lenny has been a force during his postseason appearances. He’s scored a touchdown in his last six playoff outings. A touchdown on Sunday would give Fournette the third-longest touchdown streak in the postseason of any running back in NFL history.
Not to mention, he killed the Eagles in their first matchup this season, racking up 127 yards from scrimmage and scoring two touchdowns.
David’s absence could be even more significant, though. He’s Tampa’s second-leading tackler behind Devin White and the captain of their defense. He’s ranked as the eighth-best linebacker in all football, according to PFF.
Without David in the lineup, the Bucs rush defense has surrendered 4.83 yards per carry. In those games he missed, Tampa faced two sub-20 rushing offenses in Carolina and the New York Jets.
Even if both of these guys are able to go, the Eagles have the formula to pull off an upset. But if they’re both ruled out, Philly’s chances raise even higher.
Sixers Free Agency latest, James Harden's discount, Anticipated PJ Tucker signing, Potential BAE targets, Roster update – The Pulse of the City Pod
- Sixers Free Agency latest, James Harden's discount, Anticipated PJ Tucker signing, Potential BAE targets, Roster update
- Sixers update, De'Anthony Melton trade, Free Agency primer, Bleak MLE options, Bryce Harper's injury
- Sixers Draft primer, Morey looking to trade, Realistic targets/dream prospects at 23rd overall
- Eagles sign Jacquiski Tartt, Thoughts on new font logo, Phillies continue good vibes
- Phillies continue to roll, Rob Thompson culture, Bullpen struggles, NBA Finals update, Celtics' choke job