The Eagles report for training camp in less than 24 hours, and the front office just put the finishing touches on their rookie class. Second-round pick Landon Dickerson has officially signed his rookie deal, finalizing the team’s rookie deals.
Now that Dickerson is under contract, the entire 2021 rookie class for Philly is signed and ready for camp.
Dickerson figures to be a pivotal depth piece along the Eagles offensive line in 2021 when he’s fully healthy. The talent is there with this Alabama product, it was his health concerns that caused his drop into the second round. If he’s fully healthy by the beginning of the season, we could see Dickerson start at some point during the 2021 season. Whether that’s at center, guard, or even tackle is still to be determined.
Here’s a quick recap of each Eagles rookie deal:
- DeVonta Smith — 4-years, $20.1 million. $12 million signing bonus.
- Landon Dickerson — 4-years, $8.5 million. $3.65 million signing bonus.
- Milton Williams — 4-years, $5.1 million. $1 million signing bonus.
- Zech McPhearson — 4-years, $4.4 million. $729K signing bonus.
- Kenny Gainwell — 4-years, $3.8 million. $335K signing bonus.
- Marlon Tuipulotu — 4-years, $3.6 million. $195K signing bonus.
- Tarron Jackson — 4-years, $3.6 million. $189K signing bonus.
- JaCoby Stevens — 4-years, $3.6 million. $130K signing bonus.
- Patrick Johnson — 4-years, $3.5 million. $105K signing bonus.
With this recent rookie signing of Dickerson, along with Sunday’s acquisition of Steven Nelson, the team will be very tight on cap space heading into the 2021 season. It’s unclear exactly how much they’ll have, but it may be under $1 million.
Look for Howie Roseman to make another move or two to clear up some space. They’ll need approximately $4-$5 million in cap for injury assurance if a starter goes down. The obvious move would be cutting/trading Zach Ertz, who is reportedly going to show up for camp on Tuesday.
But, Howie has managed to clear up a remarkable amount of space up until this point without cutting ties with Ertz. I’m not sure if he’s going to pull that trigger now. Howie knows how to manipulate the cap better than anyone in the game, no fan should be worried about having enough cap maneuverability heading into the season.
Sixers Free Agency recap, Offseason grades, Are they a contender? Eastern Conference outlook, KD trade demands – The Pulse of the City Pod
- Sixers Free Agency recap, Offseason grades, Are they a contender? Eastern Conference outlook, KD trade demands
- Sixers Free Agency latest, James Harden's discount, Anticipated PJ Tucker signing, Potential BAE targets, Roster update
- Sixers update, De'Anthony Melton trade, Free Agency primer, Bleak MLE options, Bryce Harper's injury
- Sixers Draft primer, Morey looking to trade, Realistic targets/dream prospects at 23rd overall
- Eagles sign Jacquiski Tartt, Thoughts on new font logo, Phillies continue good vibes